Thursday, December 18, 2008

My First Ever Post...Fuyoh!!

Jacinta~



Hey people! =)



Last week I was off for camp...CHILL camp at Ipoh. I didn't really feel up to it at first and felt like I had made the wrong decision to go. First few hours were a bit wierd because it was only my brother and I from our church. But in just that one week that I was there...friendships were created.



I met a bunch of really cool, talented, all-for-Christ dudes and dudettes. Namely Joshua Wong, Audrey, Jennifer, Jared, Joshua Foong and so many others!!! The most memorable time for me was that one morning when I worship led. I wasn't supposed to...but I guess they couldn't find anyone else. I think it was the best decision they made...haha.



Truth be told, I had forgotten how powerful worship could be before that....being in a church where everything is pretty much dead. But on that morning, I really did feel the presence of the Lord surrounding us...like He was holding use safe in His arms.



I've struggled a lot in this past year...struggled with my relationship with God. Week in week out, I go to church like a zombie and come back...feeling empty. Everyday is just another day without Jesus being the center of my life. At camp, I learnt that everthing I do is a wordhip offering to God...be it reading the Bible or even studying for exams. That is why it is so important to make sure our actions, words and thoughts are always pure. It does say in the Bible that our body is the temple of the Lord!



So, my New Year's resolution is to get back with God and NOT take Him for granted! I want to be a shining light in this world and a good example of a Christian.



I just want to end this post by saying...THANK YOU to all my new friends from camp and the wonderful facilitators for encouraging me by your ways and words...Love you guys!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment