Thursday, December 18, 2008

MY PART OF THE STORY!

Joel Edward~

AS u can see, all my friends have wrote sumtin bout camp. As the title goes, this is my part of the story! I left my little home in Penang and reached Ipoh. It was a bit scary. I knew no one except 4 my sis and the priest. The day went by, and i saw a group of ppl from St. Mark's. At the same time, i oso saw 2 guys wearing striped shirts almost clinging on to each other. My first impression was," Fuyoh! Look at this ppl! super havoc la! etc".

As the days went by, i really got to know these ppl very well. Of course by this time,my list of friens grew from 0 to abt 60! Ppl may say that they met knew friends, but I say that God let me meet these friens. The fact is, i could really identify with the problems tat my friends were facing. Lacking in the word of God, not playing in a band 4 a very long time, etc.

During tat time, i oso met fantastic musicians who were our faci's as we like to call them! DJ JUnior and Matthew. These guys along wit my friens gave me encouragement to go on playing 4 God! In the first place, I did not want to come 4 camp. I told my mom I wanted to sleep and not go 4 camp. This is exactly why i say God let me meet these friens of mine.

By the last day, me and my group of friends became so close we didnt want 2 leave. I can think of only 2 reasons why:-
1) we were building close bonds
2) we were the hottest band in camp!

So, this is my part of the story! I went for camp with no aim and came back with one! Tat is to keep on praying tat i will be able to meet up with these guys and play with them or play 4 God in any church! These r my friens and i hope they will be a blessing to u as they have been to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment